maandag 16 oktober 2017

Temptation 48 Hours Mistery

August 16, 2010

A Columbia woman charged with murdering her estranged husband was sentenced to life in prison with no chance of parole.
Tausha Morton will spend the rest of her life behind bars for the 2004 murder of Mitch Kemp.
Tausha Morton stood without any emotion to her sentence of life in prison without parole. 
Two years ago, Tausha led investigators to the remains of her estranged husband Mitch Kemp that were buried on a Boone County farm. Another ex-husband of Tausha Morton, Greg Morton, admitted to shooting and killing Mitch Kemp six years ago because Tausha lied and manipulated him into committing murder. 
The victim’s daughter, Tara Kemp, testified during Tausha’s sentencing hearing.
“I wish he was there to see me receive my college diploma and my brother’s high school diploma," Tara Kemp said. "I wish I could call him and ask him about advice about things going on in my life. I wish I could call him and ask him."
Evidence showed Tausha Morton kicked and spit on Mitch Kemp just before he died. Members of the Kemp family said Tausha should never be allowed to walk the streets again.
“I tried in my heart to gain closure and grant forgiveness," Victim's brother Tracy Kemp said. "I have accepted that forgiveness my not be possible. Closure will only be accepted when I know that this monster is put away forever and she can never, ever hurt another person or family.”
Prosecutor Richard Hicks and Public Defender Paul Hood declined to comment on Tausha Morton’s sentencing.
Tausha Morton was sentenced to spend the rest of her life behind bars within the Missouri Department of Corrections. She plans to appeal that sentence within the next 10 days.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten