woensdag 3 mei 2017

Unthinkable momster - Video Dailymotion

Unthinkable momster - Video Dailymotion: 'Me and my family are disappointed that the death penalty was not the verdict,' he said, his lips quivering as he held back his tears. 'But it wasn't our choice. They returned a verdict they thought was justice. 'I'll never forget what Susan has done to me, my family and her family. I can never forget Michael and Alex. 'But forgive? That's something I guess I'll have to deal with further down the road.' He said he would probably leave town. There are too many memories here, crowding in on him. 'There are a lot of things I would rather not look at for the rest of my life,' he said. The state's lead prosecutor, Tommy Pope, had tried to show that Mrs. Smith was fooling everyone with her claims of remorse, the way she fooled everyone for nine days in October and November. 'She may be sorry now,' Mr. Pope said, his voice rising from a near whisper to a shout as he urged the jury for a death sentence in his closing argument. 'But was she sorry when she dropped that hand brake down,' and sent her children to their death. He laid photographs of the two little boys on the rail of the jury box as he spoke of what the boys must have felt as the car slid under the lake at about 9 P.M., and how Mrs. Smith ran from the edge of the lake with her hands over her ears. 'When that car filled up with water they probably didn't see it,' said Mr. Pope, because of the dark of the night. 'But they felt that water in the darkness as it covered their faces.'

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten